portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, February 24, 2018

So I was just watching 'Gavin and Stacy' [there's sport on the tele!]  where Ness is giving birth to Smithie's baby and this is played throughout the episode  . . . . .whoever chose the music including the theme (about which . . . )
is a genius





Not sure what happened to Stephen Fretwell* but I really reckoned him around the time of this and have a wonderful live bootleg of him which is unique for the constant heckling, nay conversation with a drunken audience member, but this is possibly one of my favourite pieces of contemporary songwriting I have ever heard. He is a master at the anguished human condition reflection and I highly recommend all of his work to date having all the extant work available . . . . . . 





both of which are at least over ten years old I think. . . . . . . * After a google hunt Fretwell seems to have disappeared since 2014 which is always intriguing but I hope he is okay wherever he is and a talent like that shouldn't hide itself away for long . . . . . . . . . 

No comments: